Monday, November 14, 2011

What I Bought with my Birthday Money

The last few years, I've just put the money I get from birthday checks into a savings account, or something else responsible and boring. This year I decided to splurge a little with the birthday money my Grandaddy gave me.



Yes, what you see is a hunting knife with a "water-proof" storage handle and a jewelry set consisting of a necklace and earrings. What can I say? I have a variety of interests. Neither of these are of high quality construction. The necklace is missing a bead and a dangly circle. The mini survival kit that came in the handle of the knife (which doesn't keep out water) has a compass that doesn't point north, matches that will probably snap in two sooner than catch fire, and a fishing hook that looks like it was made to catch sardines (I didn't expect much from a $9 knife).

Overall, I'm still happy with my purchases. I've disguised the random bare area the necklace had, and the knife (which will probably make its way into the magazine before long) is still a functional saw and 8" blade with a storage handle. Thank you, Grandaddy!



{

No comments:

Post a Comment